Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Show Last Night

I stopped by The HangArt last night to see a concert that was happening. I didn't really know who was playing, but Jake let me know that there was a show going on so I showed up. Low and behold, two bands from out of town that I don't know very well, but that play on a compilation CD that I really like were playing that night. It was pretty good live music too. There were four bands from out of town all playing, and only about 10 people there who weren't in a band, all regulars.

Leona and Eric were asking the question, "How to we get more people to come to these things"? Seriously. I think we need to figure that out very soon. Obviously promotion needs to be done to some extent, but we also need to establish ourselves with little niches and perks. There need to be things the HangArt is known for besides lowly attended shows. Leona and Jake, and I'm sure others have talked about food. I've seen it before too at one show they did last year. There was a build your own vegetarian burrito bar and people really liked it.

I think as the place gets cleaned up and seating is available etc, people will start to return more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment